Almond Flour Cacao Brownies
These brownies are made with almond flour and unsweetened cacao powder, and sweetened with coconut sugar. You would never guess these brownies are so healthy! They taste like the regular brownies you grew up with. That’s right, no flour or refined sugar in these brownies. They are so easy to make, my daughter and I whipped them up in less than 10 minutes. She loved them, so they are definitely kid approved. I actually think they are too good, I had to put them in the garage fridge to keep them away!
- 1c super fine almond flour
- 1/4c cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, I like Baja gold due to higher mineral content
- 1/8c coconut oil, melted
- 1/3c coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4c dairy alternative (almond milk, pea milk, cashew milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate extract (opt.), for that extra chocolate lover!
- 1/3c Lilly’s Dark chocolate chips, who needs extra sugar! This is sweetened with stevia
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a baking pan with avocado or grapeseed oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together almond flour, cacao flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs, milk alternative and vanilla (and chocolate) extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add in 2/3 of the chocolate chips to the brownie batter and stir to combine
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking pan and spread until even. Top with the remainder of the chocolate chips
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until you can remove a toothpick clean from the center. Allow to cool at room temp before serving. Enjoy!